Sunday, August 8, 2010

St-Gaudens to Brive and back to Paris (3,4 August):

From here on out it was just a return trip to Paris.  I took some pretty nice D-roads up to near Cahors and then I just took the rest of the way as straight as possible on D820.  Here was a brief stop for a rest. I stayed at the ETAP in Brive.

The next day I was to head for Blois for the night but after studying the map I said – what-the hey I can make Paris in one day if I take the auto-route; so I did.  I was ready to get home after a full 10 days on the road. 

I will say in advance that I now realize that I probably passed a lot of Bike Club France members on this route and sorry I had not planned stopovers to say high.  I got so wrapped up in the planning for this trip it just slipped my mind.  I will definitely correct this on future trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment