Monday, August 23, 2010

Grand-Camp Maisy – Swiss Normandy and a Great Birthday Party

August 20 - 21, 2010

I was invited to Simon’s 40th birthday party in Normandy last weekend (August 21st) so I decided to go a few days ahead of time and play around a bit.  Grand-Camp Maisy is a port town that I had not seen before and I had heard that there was recently discovered a secret buried German encampment.  In addition, I have been wanting to get back to Swiss Normandy for a few months but had not the opportunity.  This trip, while short, presented an opportunity to combine all of them within a four day time period. 

On the way over I stopped to take a picture of a carnival poster in a small village.


Seen in many locations on the back roads of France are road side crosses and symbolisms of Christianity, most notably are these monuments that are seen on the corners of roads so out of the way that only local residents see them.  Here is the detail from a cross that stands 30 feet in the air found at a cross road.











Sometimes I bring a picnic lunch on my trips.  Here is a location where I ate lunch on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment