Monday, August 23, 2010

The Fish Market…

As I had set my GPS to the center of town, one of the first things I saw as I entered the town about 10:30 am was the harbor and the fish market which was in full swing with locals buying fresh fish and sea food from early morning catches. 













An assortment of fresh fish.


















Lobsters and sea snails (bulots).





No clue what these fish are.







Before I went to the Bunker site, I ate Moules-Frites (muscles and fries) with a Coke at the harbor restaurant.  They were very tasty. 

And, the Coke they serve in France is made from real sugar like it was in the 1980’s before they changed the formula.  Remember that – New Coke?  Then three months later they said they reverted back to the original formula but they lied.  They had used real sugar in the original formula but after New Coke fizzled when the reverted back to Coke original they replaced the sugar with corn sweetener and it never tasted like the ‘Real thing’ again.  Well, it is still the ‘Real Thing’ in France and you don’t know how good it is till you tried it.  Things really did taste better in the ‘olden’ days.



No comments:

Post a Comment