Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A few short rides

April 17th, 18th...
It is time to start reporting on what has happened in the past few weeks since I bought my bike.  I have gotten behind in the Blog and with cool rainy weather that has been prevalent for the past two weeks, this gives me an opportunity catch up.

Saturday, the 17th, I got my license plate installed.  This was done at a key maker’s shop at the edge of Paris.  Strangely, at least for us in the U.S, license plates are installed at dealers and other shops that are licensed to do so.  They inserted a blank in a press and cut the letters and numbers given to me on my certificate.  All in all it took 10 minutes and cost me 29 euro.  Got this done before noon and when I got back, Fran and I drove out to the eastern part of Paris, actually just outside the city limit to an area near Bois de Vincennes (Vincennes woods) in an area called Parc Floral de Paris.  It is a beautiful park  with lots of areas and pavilions where different flowers and plants are maintained.  We had a nice walk and enjoyed the beautiful day and sun.












On the 18th, we drove to a lake in Bois de Vincennes and had a picnic.  Lovely setting along the lake and many were out on row boats.  It is very easy to pack all we need on the Honda NT700 (Deauville).










We set out blanket by the lake had our lunch and read our books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment