Friday, March 26, 2010

Final work week...

Well, after this weekend, I have three more days of work and that is that.

All my co-workers have congratulated me and told me that they are jealous.  I am sorry I am leaving the pack but time waits for no man.  I have left a proposal to my boss on performing consulting work during the time I am back in the states and he is interested since outsourcing costs less than new staff.  In addition, I can always attend a meeting in Europe if they can not make the trip which is most of the time because of budget.  So, if I do get a little consulting work I can add it to my Paris Fun-Fund.

Fran is off visiting our oldest son and his family this week in Quincy so I am alone at home.  She will return home on my last work day and we have Champaign chilling for the celebration.  Lots of little things to do and I think of new ones every day but forget to make a written note so I forget it the next day.  I need to start carrying a small note book and in case you think my memory is going - I can tell you with certainty and my wife can confirm this - I have never had a good memory.  I still remember studying in University endlessly going over my notes and struggling to retain what I had reviewed.  

I have been following a new TV program on The Science Channel called Meteorite-Men
where they go off each week to sites where meteors have fallen and using metal detectors, magnets and other instruments find 'lots' of meteor fragments from the size of your thumb to several hundred pounds.  Such finds are valued at twice the price of gold per gram so maybe I will research French sites and poke around.  One more activity to get me out and about for exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment